About Close the Loop
Close the Loop is dedicated to making the Circular Economy a reality by providing best-in-class sustainability solutions to companies that want to enhance their Corporate Social Responsibility through effective and efficient recovery and re-use of valuable resources from their products. With a steadfast commitment to zero waste to landfill, the company draws on its strength in innovation to handle even the most challenging materials. Close the Loop’s global footprint includes strategically located operations centres and a broad network of sustainability-minded, cost-efficient partners, making its services a clear choice for companies on every continent. Close the Loop helps companies:
Get the most from a new or existing sustainability program
- Audit efficiencies of existing take-back, logistics, processing and recovery services
- Uncover hidden value in materials choices and other upstream design decisions
- Implement product traceability throughout the end-of-life stage
- Ensure accordance with government sustainability regulations
- Streamline global logistics to be cost efficient and environmentally friendly
Use sustainability programs to increase market share
- Discover untapped insights about product usage through proprietary Business Intelligence Software
- Set up customer loyalty programs
- Identify fraudulent activity
Fulfill commitments to brand stewardship
- Protect the intellectual property of the brand
- Manage warranty return programs
- Provide services supporting product recalls
- Design solutions for hard to recycle materials
- Provide a safe and environmentally responsible disposition of product with zero waste to landfill
Close the Loop (CtL) is an international company headquartered in Australia with operations in Australia, New Zealand, United States and Europe based in Belgium. Now employing more than 200 people, the CtL is recognised as the global leader in imaging consumables takeback programs. Founded in 2001 with a zero waste to landfill brand promise, CtL has successfully adhered to that promise. In 2003, Close the Loop partnered with Planet Ark to create the Cartridges for Planet Ark (C4PA) program. This program is one of the most successful voluntary stewardship programs in the world. In 2007, Close the Loop took the success they had in Australia and expanded to the United States. Here they expanded the relationships they had with the imaging companies and began to service their sustainability initiatives on a global level. Then again in 2016, Close the Loop acquired Clozdloop BVBA, a company based in Belgium who's services aligned with CtL's. Known globally for being a resource recovery and sustainability solutions provider, CtL helps major imaging companies become sustainability pace-setters within the industry. Today, Close the Loop translates that success and experience across all industries, in all regions of the world. CtL is broadening their horizons managing other streams that leverage our existing skills and adding new capabilities to the business while staying true to their core values of transparency, innovation and integrity.
“Close the Loop will be the globally preferred ‘premier sustainability solutions provider’. It will provide secure recovery models for consumer take-back programs specialising in complex waste streams while providing a safe and productive working environment for its employees.”
The business will have a customer base spread across multiple industry sectors and multiple geographies around the world, where it will provide customer support, logistics, sort, data analysis, end-of-life and repurposing services. In doing so, CtL will provide added value to the customer’s own business models. This will be achieved by building a management team capable of operating and growing a multinational business. Capital investment will be sought to stay ahead of the market place as well as internal demands, while the business will also seek to acquire companies to grow rapidly by sector and by geography.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Close the Loop (CtL), as a member of the international business community, recognizes that its business activities have an impact on the quality of people’s lives, not only today but in the future. Our license to operate is granted by all members of the communities within which we operate. By acknowledging this, we can live up to the expectations of all our stakeholders and future generations. The company is dedicated to enhancing the environmental outcomes or reducing the environmental impacts of its customers in ways that are commercially sustainable on a long-term basis. We are committed to ensuring that our business is conducted in all respects according to rigorous ethical, professional, and legal standards. Our objective is to reduce our impact on the environment including factors contributing to climate change, through a commitment to continual improvement and to comply with environmental legislation and regulations.
To view the full Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy or any of our other policies, click on the links below:
Certifications & Standards
Focused on a brand promise of zero waste to landfill, Close the Loop is committed to handling all products in an environmentally friendly manner and aligned to the highest global standards. Known for innovation, Close the Loop has been recognized with many awards and certifications that demonstrate our commitment to excellence and dedication to the environment. These awards reflect the demanding work by all members of the Close the Loop team and the support of our many partners. Close the Loop holds the following Accreditations and Certifications:
Through always striving for excellence, Close the Loop has been recognised with many awards that demonstrate our commitment to excellence and dedication to the environment.
These awards reflect the hard work by all members of the Close the Loop team and the support of our many partners.
- 2016 Awarded Sustainability Leader with Manufacturing Leadership 100 awards along with Lexmark for our collaboration on the TonerPave project
- 2016 Inducted into the Victorian Manufacturing Hall of Fame
- 2013 Awarded Gold at DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation US
- 2012 Awarded Planet Ark C4PA ZWTL Certificate
- 2011 Finalist – Steve Morriss – Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- 2011 Hume City Council Business Awards – Environmental Sustainability - eWood Solutions
- 2009 Awarded Lexmark Green Partner (USA) view the award
- 2008 Awarded Kentucky Chamber of Commerce award view the award
- 2008 Winner Hume City Council Sustainability Awards
- 2006 Winner United Nations Association of Australia (UNAA) World Environment Day Awards 2006 Best Specific Environmental Initiative view the award
- 2006 Winner PACIA (Plastics And Chemicals Industry Association) Sustainability Award
- 2005 Winner New Inventors “people’s choice” award for our episode in August 2005 for the product – eWood® view the award
- 2005 Finalist IAG Supplier of the Year
- 2004 Finalist Premier’s Sustainability Awards (Victorian Government)
- 2003 Winner City Pride Awards (business sustainability) Whittlesea City Council
- 2003 Winner Import Replacement Award June 2003. Presented by the Industry Capability Network (Victoria) Ltd.
- 2003 Awarded Ricoh Green Partner (Australia)